Sunday, August 28, 2011

Trying to pack....unsuccessfully

We are supposed to be moving to the new house next weekend...yippeeeee!!!  I.can't.wait....no more noisy neighbors partying until 4am (ahem, last night), no more revving motorcycle engines at 9:30pm, no more surprise landscaper or maintenance men visits during nap time.

Packing, however, is not going so well...emme is used to almost-constant attention from me, and that's nearly impossible when trying to pack the kitchen.  At almost-10 mos old, she still has spontaneous falls, so I try to keep her away from as many hard surfaces as possible.  I've packed 2 boxes in the last 4 hours.  this progress does NOT=success.  At this rate, we'll be living here with the next set of renters.

As....uhhh...frustrating as this is, even more worrisome is what I'll do with her when I'm trying to put it all away.  She's almost 25 pounds, so I can't wear her.  Plus, I had all these great plans of painting Max's room, and starting my business (more on that later - just don't have the space here to start my projects until we move)....which may be pretty challenging with my constant-companion.  I absolutely ADORE Emme (and Max, of course - but we're talking about E) - she's my last baby, she's chubby, and smiley, and funny...and I want to enjoy every minute of both my babies childhoods that I can....but I also have the small obligation of making our home habitable for them and my very-hard-working husband.


...oops, had to step away for a moment....Max was trying to launch himself off of the bar stools (that he's not supposed to be near) and because I had to step away from Emme momentarily, she had a small breakdown.  I have a feeling the next couple weeks will be a(nother)  test of patience.

Serenity now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...