Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The weekend in review

Saturday we went to an estate auction in Galena...it was really hot in the gym where the auction was being held and M&E were not impressed with our choice of activities for the day!  Luckily, B's dad came to help entertain the kids, so I was able to stay and watch the auction for a couple hours.  We bought an antique glass star light fixture for $20 and a small side table for $15 that I plan to refinish to resell eventually.

Sunday we drove out to the house and bought Max his last carseat - atleast I hope so - it goes up to 100 lbs.  I cleaned out M's old carseat for E (she officially outgrew hers a couple weeks ago) and it looks brand new (was super duper gross though!!).  I also cleaned the bathrooms since B was home to watch the babies.

Monday, Bryan was on 3rd shift, so we got to spend time with him during the day.  We went grocery shopping...and the babies both got to enjoy their new carseats...Emme seemed very pleased with hers...and Max looks like a big boy in his.  Both babies were especially grumpy yesterday, and we had no idea why - they both napped and got to play outside/go to the store.  Who knows.  Anyway, as B was leaving for work, both M&E decided they want me to hold them until they fell asleep...and unfortunately, I'm not able to hold them both at the same time.  Finally, after about 45 minutes of failing to make either of them happy, I had to put Emme in her bed and let her cry until I could get Max to sleep.  I always have to pay more attention to her since she's smaller, and last night M seemed really upset, so I decided to stay with him.  Then, I took E downstairs to get her to sleep...which took another hour or so.  Sooo....around 12am, I got to bed, but M kept rolling onto me all night...and then E woke up around 4:30am.  It was a long night and mommy is pretty tired today.

I excited about potentially starting my own business finding and refinishing/fixing old furniture and oddities to resell.  It is all the things I love to do - it would be so great if it were to become successful and something I could do fulltime once the kids are in school.    I'll elaborate more on that later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...