Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Forgot...but some News

I admit it....I'm a bad blogger.  I didn't do my "Salvaged Sunday" post today...and it didn't hit me until about 4pm when I was in the middle of painting a cabinet.  If anyone cancelled plans and sat by her computer all day waiting for this post, I apologize profusely.  Fortunately, I'm pretty confident that no one noticed, and I do have a pretty good excuse.

I've mentioned in passing that I'm starting a booth to sell furniture and home decor. Surprisingly, it has been quite a challenge to find a store that rents space to vendors who allow items beyond antiques.  Most all of my items are old or incorporate old stuff, but most are not traditional antiques.  (apparently, Ohioans aren't into repurposing stuff)


So, the reason why I forgot about my Sunday post is because my husband and I have been working on furniture for the past 2 days in preparation to set up my booth.  I have a crazy fear of power saws and nail guns, even though my dad had me using a circular saw when I was 10...so, until I can over come my paranoia in relation to losing a finger or hand, I rely on my wonderful husband to risk his digits instead.

This picture makes it look like his torso is twice as long as his legs...it's not. 

I'm pretty excited about some of the things I have to show you - but I haven't had a chance to take pictures of anything yet...hopefully, I'll have something new on here by Tuesday at the latest. (please try not to lose sleep until then)

Remember this piece?  It's ALMOST finished...

I'm so VERY excited about having my own space to set up...don't tell my husband this, but I'm having so much fun doing this that if my endeavor only profits enough to support my junk habit, than I'll be thrilled.  I love staying home with my kids, and that is still my main priority, but I think doing this is only making me a better, happier mom.

I'm also very excited that I have 37 lovely followers (as of 7:37pm EST on 10/30/11)...my goal is to keep things entertaining and unique enough that at least 100 of you amazingly wonderful ladies (I haven't met any men-home-decor/crafty bloggers yet...sorry to leave you out if you are a guy) choose to follow me by 1/1/12.

I hope everyone had a great weekend...and that you have a wonderfully spooky (and safe) Halloween.


take care -



Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Congratulations on finding the booth. I agree, there's not a lot of booth places that want both antiques and repurposed stuff around these parts. It seems like the places that I see repurposed stuff are either the small individually owned shops or at the barn sales that seem to be cropping up all over Ohio now days.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

So glad you found a space. Love to see what you've been working on. Nobody lose any digits please. lol

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Way to go! Now you have 39 followers. You'll get 100 soon easily. I made my husband be a follower when I hit 99. I think he's the only man who does, and he really doesn't, you know?

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Congrats on taking such a big step! Happy Halloween!...hugs...Debbie

Everything Coastal said...

Hi Erin!
Thanks for finding the Everything Coastal blog - good luck on your new venture. It should be lots of fun!

Caron

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You must be having so much fun. It's a lot of work, but well worth the effort. I'm sure you'll be a huge success. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful pieces.

Peggy said...

We have so much in common. I too had a hard time finding a space as there are not many businesses that rent booths at all around here & I'm having so much fun re-doing my furniture if I just break even I'll be happy lol Congrats and good luck.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

How exciting on the new booth. I think you are going to have lots of fun selling your painted vintage pieces.

Sue said...

You are an Ohioan? I recognized the Midwest Memories shop logo up in Tipp City. I live in Dayton and am a friend of Pam, your first commenter in this post. Don't know if Pam told you or not, but there is a group of us Buckeye Bloggers who get together since we have common interests. Let me know if you're interested. Couldn't find a profile of you on your blog? Stop by Sullivan and Murphy for a visit.
~ Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...