Friday, March 2, 2012

Spruced up for Spring - Booth #44

Happy Friday!
As mentioned in my last post - my very, very dreary booth space n for Spring needed a total overhaul...

Can you say "BLAH!"

I knew that trying to fix my sad little space was going to take some time, so after lining my mom up to babysit the toddlers, we filled the truck with treasures and made the hour trip to Tipp City.

After 2 hours of work, I was pretty happy with the outcome...
I didn't notice the big bare spot on my bookshelf until I was looking at the pictures later...by the time we finished, I was starving, and when I'm hungry, I become unfocused and bitchy, uhh...difficult.

We found the big metal 1940's Emerson Electric fan that's on top of the wardrobe at an (AMAZING) auction  last weekend.  It weighs a TON and works perfectly; I really wanted to keep it, but since our house is mid-renovation right now, we have no room for extras to sit around.

Isn't the banner hanging from the green table cute?  I found it on Pinterest from the blog, Sandy Toes and Popsicles.


I also scored this amazing walnut dresser at the auction..there were also 9 (yes NINE) wash basins...who has 9 wash basins in their house?  And each one was gorgeous.  One with a marble top went for $50.  I was so mad at myself for not bidding on it.

See the metal stool on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe?  It's been in my booth since Day 1...it sold a day after re-doing my booth.  Yay!


I love the addition of the wardrobe to the space, we've had it for a couple months, as we were going to put it in our kitchen when we renovated...we got it for free from one of Bryan's friends.  (It has doors, we just didn't attach them because they blocked the back of the booth.)  I'm using it as a display piece for now.

So, it's not quite Macy's in the Springtime, but it's better than what I started with...

February went much better than January (thanks to all of your pieces of advice!)...so I'm hoping March goes even better.  

Hope you have a great weekend!

Party - Time:

MONDAY:
Thrifty Decor Chick (1st Monday of Each Month)
TUESDAY: 
Kammy's Korner (Trash to Treasure)
WEDNESDAY:
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
Miss Mustard Seed (Furniture Only)
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:

take care -


Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute, cute booth!! Love the big fan!! The cabinet adds so much for all your eye candy!

Gwen said...

How fun! Hope you have a great March!

Sue said...

You've re-stocked! My friend Kathy and I may be on an adventure up in Tipp on Tuesday. Hope all is well w/you, Erin1 :-) Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...