Friday, October 12, 2012

The Abandoned Blog

Do you ever come across a blog that just stops one day, without warning?
One day, there's a tutorial about DIY kitchen cabinets made from old diaper boxes and Mod Podge, and then........
(cue deserted ghost town music)
....nothing.

It just stops.

What happened? 

Did she enter an intensive Pinterest addiction program?
source

Maybe she threw away her glue gun in a fit of crafting rage?

Or maybe, she dropped her digital camera in a quart of chalk paint while creating her newest DIY tutorial?

I wish I had a good reason for my sudden departure from blogland this summer, but it was just a matter of life taking over.

I've mentioned before how difficult it is to focus on writing posts with my 2 toddlers constantly vying to destroy our house, dogs, and each other.  A post that should take an hour to write becomes a full-time job.

But, when I took a large order (20 wreaths and 100+ flower stems) for a wedding in Colorado -




 in combination with keeping up my Etsy shop, and making wreaths for Sobo Style, that's when my blog really took the back seat.


I finally dug my way out of the coffee filters this week, but then I faced the pressure of writing the perfect come-back post.  


Unfortunately, it's impossible to maintain a train of thought for longer than 2 minutes before someone needs to go potty, is biting someone / something, wants juice....so I nixed the notion of trying to write a perfect post.

...deep breath...I'm so glad to be back in Blogland, and I plan on hanging out more often.

I have all kinds of wonderful things to share like my salvaged farm sink, my 1st trip to the Country Living Fair, our kitchen remodel, some new wreaths....oh, and I know there's more...


(By the way, if you are here looking for the Mod Podged diaper box cabinet tutorial, I was joking, sorry)


take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Erin! Glad you're back! Sure have missed you! So happy to hear everything is alright! Your wreaths are so pretty! I haven't made one yet, so I'll just enjoy looking at yours. I can't wait to see what all you've been up to! Blessings from Bama!

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Hey, there! Glad you are back. I started following you---and you were gone! I understand, sometimes, life happens. Your wreaths are lovely.

Sarah said...

Glad you're alive! Your wreaths are beautiful!

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Welcome back!!!! My "to the beach" sign is a huge hit!
I can't wait to see your creations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...